Saturday, January 10, 2009

About Me

Yes, the most unoriginal title in the history of title-ing, but I promise... originality will improve with time. 

So, here is the scoop ... I am currently a senior at a small private university on the west coast majoring in biochemistry with an emphasis in exercise physiology (overachievers unite!) and trying to make the rough transition to graduate school. I decided that I wanted to be a physician at the age of 14 because that is definitely the age when you should be deciding your entire future ... yes, I was quite old and wise.  I kept the dream alive until I met a remarkable PNP who made me reevaluate my entire future, and in the summer before my senior year I decided that I had to be an FNP. 

The programs I am applying to are accelerated programs designed for people with non-nursing bachelors degrees. The competition is stiff and at times the wait to figure out where I will end up next year makes me want to crap my pants, but in the midst the feelings of fear and stress, I could not be more excited about the future. 

So here is where I am today... waiting for others to decide my future. I sure hope they like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment